Data Solutions & Validation Specialist, Financial Crimes
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team + role
The Financial Crimes Model Validation and Analytics team is vital to the health and success of the enterprise FinCrimes Program. We apply a range of both technical skills and industry knowledge to propel the Program forward through validation and optimization of our Surveillance solutions, and providing strong monitoring around our clients, services, and work product.
As a Data Solutions and Validation Specialist, you will collaborate with various teams to validate and optimize existing surveillance systems for sanctions screening, fund based and crypto transaction monitoring, as well as equity, derivative, and virtual currency trading. You will write detailed and concise reports, construct new surveillance and reporting, and support other regulatory requirements impacting FinCrimes.
What you’ll do
- Research and deploy data analytics or intelligent methods related to FinCrimes Surveillance and Filtering programs, targeting and optimizing their efficacy.
- Write constructive tuning reports explaining the approach, analyses performed, rationale behind recommendations and implications of results.
- Conduct code reviews and other testing to validate surveillance within various technology solutions.
- Engage in strategy sessions to build adaptable solutions in a timely manner when vendor-based solutions are unavailable, efficiencies can be gained, or for new regulatory guidance.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s or equivalent, in a relevant field
- 3+ years applied experience in the design, optimization, and validation of surveillance systems, preferably in the FinTech or traditional financial industry
- Strong SQL writing skills and conversant in Python, with experience working in NICE Actimize, LexisNexis Bridger or similar
- Familiarity with tuning techniques, financial markets, and risk management. Practical experience calibrating against accepted statistical measures, and using strategies such as segmentation to reasonably address risk.
- Effective verbal and written communication and critical thinking skills, particularly related to business and technical subject matter
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $102000 - $120000
US Zone 2: $90000 - $106000
US Zone 3: $80000 - $94000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.