Staff Software Engineer, Brokerage Infrastructure
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team + role
The Brokerage Infrastructure team strives to build a solid foundation for Robinhood Brokerage, with outstanding reliability, extensibility and maintainability.
As a Staff Engineer in the Brokeback Infrastructure team, you will solve challenging technical and business problems with visionary and practical solutions. You get to learn about the core business in Robinhood brokerage, as well as using innovative technologies to solve hard and critical problems for our customers and the company. You will also get to know a group of thoughtful, hard-working and fun teammates, being part of it, and influencing the growth of it.
What you’ll do
- Shipping critical projects to the users and the business
- Build the right platform to increase safety, productivity, maintainability for brokerage teams
- Rewriting the core long-lived brokerage service using a new language and database
- Tech leading the team through great ambiguity
- Create and enforce high-bar engineering standards for the team and other brokerage teams to follow.
- Mentoring a group of hard-working and fast-growing teammates
- Train and inspire the team to grow to make larger impacts
- Collaborating with both upstream company infrastructure teams and downstream product feature teams
- Align with different stakeholders to navigate through the roadmap of shipping impacts
What you bring
- Experience architecting and designing large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with data integration technologies, message queues, and workflow architectures.
- Ability of leading platform teams of 6 or more engineers to drive technical improvements, while continuing to have business-wide impact.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Python or Go, and experience with large areas of the team’s tech stack (Postgres, Kafka, K8s, Airflow, Redis or similar technologies).
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities, with experiences in working effectively in cross-functional teams.
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.