Senior Software Engineer, Streaming Infrastructure
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team + role
As a Software Engineer on the Streaming Platform Team, you'll be building large scale distributed systems powering nearly all microservice communication and stream processing across the company.
We build platforms to enable real-time streaming, stateful stream processing, and database change data capture. We heavily rely on open source frameworks and build our platforms on top of them. These platforms power everything from placing a trade on the Robinhood app, to new products like IPO Access, to critical day to day business operations.
Our customers are product engineers, infrastructure engineers, ML engineers, data engineers, data scientists, and analysts with Robinhood. We collaborate closely with them to provide reliable, secure, and delightful platforms that enable them to unlock new ways of solving problems.
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA or Seattle, WA or New York City, NY, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management, but remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. may be considered. Check with your recruiter for more information.
What you’ll do
- Designing, operating, integrating, and developing data infrastructure platforms
- Collaborating closely with our internal customers to develop highly effective platforms
- Working with open source technologies like Kafka, Flink, and Debezium (with opportunities to contribute back to the community!)
- Building a phenomenal customer experience for developers using the infrastructure you build
- Mentoring and coaching others to drive successful projects across the team
What you bring
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience with building scalable distributed systems, both from scratch as well as on open source frameworks.
- Passionate about building platforms for developers and data professionals
- Deep understanding of the tradeoffs between different data tools and technologies
- Comfortable with working on containerized technologies
- You have opinions on Kafka vs Kinesis, Spark vs Flink
- Contributions to open source projects like Kafka, Spark, Hudi, Flink e.t.c.
- Love talking to other engineers and enjoy debugging issues in all parts of the stack
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $187000 - $220000
US Zone 2: $165000 - $194000
US Zone 3: $146000 - $172000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.