Crypto Sanctions Investigator
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team + role
The Financial Crimes Sanctions Investigations team at Robinhood ensures our firm complies with all laws, regulations, and guidance related to sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets (OFAC).
As a Sanctions Investigator, you will be responsible for conducting investigations to identify potential sanctions exposure, or other related activities, using both traditional Sanctions tools, as well as blockchain analytics software. You’ll support the Financial Crimes Sanctions Investigations team in managing risk to ensure Robinhood meets our regulatory requirements. The right candidate has prior Crypto Sanctions investigations experience working with a broker-dealer or FinTech company, including drafting Blocked Property Reports.
What you’ll do
- Review and analyze alerts of potential matches of Robinhood customers to denied parties
- Identify, research, and report Sanctions exposure identified through our sanctions screening software or other sources (e.g. referrals, etc.)
- Analyze customer behavioral patterns and profile to identify potential sanctions exposure
- Conduct research using Robinhood systems and proprietary tools to identify relevant Know Your Customer (KYC) information
- Manage the investigative process from initial detection to disposition and reporting, escalating where appropriate
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years working in Sanctions investigations for a broker-dealer or FinTech company
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, TRM Labs, Elliptic, CipherTrace)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Resourceful, persistent and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $74000 - $87000
US Zone 2: $65000 - $77000
US Zone 3: $58000 - $68000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.