Web Engineer, Account Security
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA, Seattle, Washington, or New York City, New York, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
We’re excited to have a Web engineer join our Account Security team, building and designing tools and systems to prevent bad actors, while reducing friction and providing protection to all users.
As the Web Engineer on this team, you’ll lead the web development process and build products from inception to deployment. We also work closely with cross-functional teams like design, product management, and internal platforms to deliver high-impact features within multidisciplinary product teams.
We’re looking for passionate experts in the discipline who lead by example, building up the product and people around them through rigor, mentorship, and industry best practices.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Create high-quality, performant products that leverage technologies like React, TypeScript, and CSS-in-JS
- Be comfortable with learning and working across the stack in order to ship the best products
- Own and drive features from inception and design to implementation and launch, being the web expert on your team
- Build and improve tools to support Robinhood's operations and platforms, providing leverage across the company
- Collaborate with design and product experts to rapidly iterate and ship financial products
- Build frameworks and abstractions to materially accelerate and empower other developers
- 3+ years of professional experience with modern Web technologies and frameworks
- You have an incredible design intuition coupled with an obsession for the customer and their experience
- You’re an advocate of high standards for code quality and code review processes
- You have a growth mindset coupled with a fascination for technology at scale
- You have experience in, or are open to, working across the stack as needed
Technologies we use:
- React + Redux
- Babel + Webpack + Bazel
- Jest + ESLint + Prettier
- Jenkins / Buildkite + Docker + Kubernetes
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $157000 - $185000
US Zone 2: $139000 - $163000
US Zone 3: $122000 - $144000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.