Communications Manager, Engineering
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a Communications manager to support our engineering organization. This role is a blend of internal communications, tech PR, and content development for multiple audiences. This person will partner with business leaders to own the engineering organization's communication strategy to ensure an engaged, informed, and aligned workforce. This is a complex organization with a diverse audience, including platform teams, business teams, and functional areas. You will drive engineering's editorial calendar and manage all internal communication content, events, and channels. This person will also manage content for external audiences across the blog, conferences, tech PR coverage, and more. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and editing skills, good business judgment, strong intuition, and experience managing strategic communications and employee engagement in a fast-moving environment.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop clear narratives and message maps across engineering, internal and external
- Drive communication channels and content calendaring for the team, including new channels and events
- Provide executive communications support and communications counsel, including speaker prep and coaching
- Coordinate and manage organizational programs and events, including the organization’s All Hands and Engineering Manager forums
- Support, write, and edit communications content, leadership messages, and technical updates during complex, ambiguous, and fast-moving situations
- Lead agency on tech PR efforts, including tech media coverage, awards, and conferences.
- Mine for story ideas and produce content related to elevating Robinhood's tech brand across multiple internal and external audiences.
- Develop a technical branding strategy to showcase and evangelize complex, fascinating and cutting edge engineering work and culture with the broader tech and fin tech industry.
- Embed into the engineering org culture to better influence, communicate and articulate decisions and rationale to engineers.
- Develop a strong pulse for engineering sentiment across all eng groups, and a clear understanding of how day to day work maps back to company priorities.
- 7+ years of experience in communications, PR, employee experience, program management, or similar areas of expertise
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Experience building relationships with diverse stakeholders and company leaders
- Experience managing programs, events, and organizational changes
- Experience in a tech-first company or engineering domain
- Experience building robust communications programs and plans
- Eagerness and aptitude to learn quickly and explain broad subject matter effectively
- Expert use of information and collaboration apps such as Slack, Atlassian, Coda, Airtable, and more
- Track record of cultivating community in work, school, or volunteer settings
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $140000 - $165000
US Zone 2: $123000 - $145000
US Zone 3: $110000 - $129000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.