Privacy and Data Protection Program Manager
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team + role
Robinhood’s Privacy Legal team is looking for a Privacy Program Manager to join our growing Privacy and Data Protection team. As a Program Manager with the Privacy Legal team, you will help shape the Privacy Legal strategy and coordinate cross-functionally within the enterprise. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.
What you’ll do
- Own process for conducting Privacy by Design reviews, create Records of Processing Activities, initiating Data Privacy Impact Assessments, and Privacy Impact Assessments
- Primary point of contact for Data Protection Addenda drafting, negotiation
- Create and maintain necessary artifacts to document compliance with GDPR and other regulatory regimes
- Socialize and develop a communications plan for all privacy policies and guidelines across the enterprise
- As directed, create blogs/internal communications on privacy-related updates; and coordinate with internal communications on dissemination
- Maintain privacy legal status reports and assignment of tasks under the implementation plan; roll-up such tasks into cross-functional status reports
- Communicate and advise on progress of deliverables to privacy teams
- Own and manage a compendium of data breach laws and track updates to laws
- Track and record proposed and recently introduced state privacy laws
- Manage and strategic planning of privacy and data protection training across the enterprise, and report on metrics
- Monitor company forums that envision processing personal information
- Manage the Customer Experience (CX) privacy incident dashboard
- Own and manage Privacy Advisory Council and Board of Directors meeting preparation, record tasks and drive completion of tasks
- Maintain the Privacy Legal Wiki Pages and provide updates as needed
- Lead other privacy-related projects as identified by Privacy Legal, by facilitating communication, coordination, planning, and execution of the identified objective
- Have a solid understanding of relevant privacy and data protection laws
What you bring
- 2+ years of relevant privacy experience with a technology company
- Experience with CCPA, CPRA, GDPR, and other privacy laws and regulations
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Reliable and collaborative team-player
- Action and results-oriented, with ability to adapt quickly to new surroundings and in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with consumer-facing technology and/or financial services companies
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects concurrently
- CIPP/US or similar certification preferred
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $119000 - $140000
US Zone 2: $105000 - $123000
US Zone 3: $93000 - $109000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.