Sr Product Design Manager, Brokerage
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team:
We are looking for a Design Manager to lead our Brokerage Trading design team. As the Design leader of our Trading Products, you'll be at the epicenter of all the action, orchestrating and shaping the very essence of what defines Robinhood. Your leadership in this role will be paramount in building upon the great design experiences Robinhood is known for. You'll have the opportunity to innovate and inspire, crafting strategies that redefine the future of trading and investing. You'll manage a team of hardworking product designers, providing design direction, giving career mentorship, and facilitating cross-functional partnerships across our product and engineering teams. They will propagate a strong design practice, influence product strategy, and impact our product execution and quality. Ultimately, they will enable their team to complete outstanding work.
As a qualified candidate, you have both an incredible eye for detail and an ability to think big, break new ground, and innovate. You are a strong champion for craft and care deeply about people. You have experience leading teams designing for mobile (native apps and mobile web), desktop web, and email, and have a hardworking body of work that has clearly accelerated business priorities.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Leading, mentoring, and inspiring members of your team, providing direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- Pushing the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and exploring divergent concepts
- Influencing product strategy and design execution across Brokerage efforts.
- Leading and representing your team effectively - substantiating the work and the decisions behind them, advocating for user-centered design
- Building cross-functional relationships and advocating for the needs of the Robinhood design studio
- Accelerating team efficiency by improving processes, organization structure, and workflows with the design team and cross functional teams
- Excellent portfolio that demonstrates love and care for their craft
- Strong product sensibility
- Ability to help set your team up for success through open communication, collaboration, and mentorship, creating a happy and healthy creative culture, building up your team by providing room to create and giving healthy feedback.
- Big Picture thinking
- A track record of leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, and mobile
- Deep knowledge and applied experience in design (layout, typography, color) and a solid foundation in UX design heuristics
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to communicate on an ego-free, highly energetic, and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Positive team member that believes in our mission!
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.