Quality Control Specialist, Financial Crimes
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the role + team
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Chicago, IL, Westlake, TX, Lake Mary, FL and Denver, CO, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management, but remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. may be considered. Check with your recruiter for more information.
As a Quality Control Specialist in Financial Crimes, you’ll be responsible for helping maintain the quality control program across the team, which is inclusive of transaction monitoring, trade surveillance, case investigations, enhanced due diligence, sanctions and more. You’ll perform quality control by ensuring operational processes are in line with standard operating procedures, conducting assessments and tracking quality metrics. This role will be essential to ensuring high standards of quality across Robinhood’s Financial Crimes team.
What you’ll do
- Review and test all elements of Robinhood’s AML and Sanctions Program, including surveillance, case investigations, enhanced due diligence, sanctions and account onboarding to ensure they are aligned with internal practices and regulatory requirements
- Analyze testing results to identify trends and thematic issues relating to control design and operating effectiveness
- Help assess operational quality and track the fulfillment of improvement initiatives and action plans
- Brainstorm procedural and/or programmatic improvements to the AML and Sanctions Program, such as training needs or other improvement opportunities
- Assist in tracking testing metrics across each function of Robinhood’s Financial Crimes team for periodic reporting
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of Quality Control materials in response to new products, procedures or controls
What you bring
- 3+ years experience in Financial Crimes Compliance or AML and Sanctions Audit/QC/QA
- Knowledge of AML regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS)
- Experience with Actimize or similar case management system
- Experience in analyzing data, identifying trends, and recommending strategies to remedy issues
- Contribute to continuous improvement of core processes to ensure quality is maintained while efficiency is optimized
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills with strong written communication skills and an extreme attention to detail
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.