Engineering Manager, Authentication Platform
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
Robinhood's Security Engineering Team is looking for a stellar Engineering Manager to help build and lead our Authentication and Authorization Platform Team. You will be responsible for the building and management of the services and systems that control critical access flows to the Robinhood application and associated systems. The services you build will control access for and provide a phenomenal user experience to authorized Robinhood team members.
We're looking for Engineering Managers who are deeply passionate about security, engineering, and building healthy teams to lead this critical effort.
This role is based in our Menlo Park, CA or Seattle, WA office, dependent on applicant's location.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with technical leads to set the direction of our Authentication Platform
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the implementation of Authentication & Authorization platforms, methods, scaling and associated services.
- Oversee the enhancement process including cross-functional build-out, and features required to support Robinhood's Authentication Platform
- Work with cross-functional business, product, analytics, and engineering leaders to negotiate, plan, and deliver a roadmap for the Authentication Platform team
- Lead strategic direction on solutions for Robinhood's Authentication & Authorization standard
- Coach team on role mining, definition, and automating workflows
- 5 years+ of experience in software engineering management
- Experience making technical decisions and writing code
- Experience building teams, mentoring engineers, and leading people
- A hands-on transactional security service background, or related security experience
- Expert in Operational Excellence & Reliability at scale
- Prior experience owning a large scale AuthN/AuthZ platform with 10+ million users
Technologies we use:
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.