Engineering Manager, Credit Card (Platform)
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
The Credit Card Platform team imagines, designs and builds the technical bedrock of our credit card. Payments, transactions, money movement - it’s a complex and high-dimensional space where inspired execution propagates and has an outsized impact on the entire organization.
We seek an Engineering Manager with technical depth, strong ownership and accountability to lead the Credit Card Platform team as it takes our credit processing rails to the next level. You will own the roadmap, execution and scaling across all essential credit card operations and functionality (payments, transactions, statements, credit reporting, collections, disputes) as well as our risk and fraud infrastructure.
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA, New York, NY, or Seattle, WA with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management, but remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. may be considered. Check with your recruiter for more information.
- You thrive in complex environments that demand an eye for both detail and for seeing the big picture.
- Ability to absorb a new domain, identify key opportunities, and assemble an executable agenda that you can then drive through your teams.
- Comfort navigating decisions with tradeoffs under time pressure.
- No less than 2 years of experience in an engineering leadership role.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals: in addition to having an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, you love the art of creation through code.
- Hungry to grow in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that will challenge you to always bring your best.
- You drive yourself and your teams to bring quality and consistency to their code and architecture, without compromising velocity.
- While not required, prior experience with ML/AI infrastructure and operations, payment processing, payment systems, or third party integrations is a plus.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Take our credit operation pipelines - which critically underlie all other parts of the X1 Card - to the next level as we scale to billions of dollars in annual spend.
- Evolve our early data science and ML capabilities on risk and fraud into powerful technological advantages that will hyperscale with the business
- Shape the Card Platform roadmap, balancing technical priorities with stakeholder needs.
- Own your org’s delivery and execution excellence against tight timelines while encouraging creativity.
- Grow and develop world-class teams in a dynamic and exciting business environment.
- Collaborate closely with our founders, Head of Engineering, Chief Credit Officer, and Head of Fraud.
- Prior experience with payment rails and related third parties is a plus.
Technologies we use:
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.