Crypto AML Investigator
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in New York City, NY, Menlo Park, CA, Washington, DC, Seattle, WA, Chicago, IL, or Denver, CO, or Lake Mary, FL, or Westlake, TX, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management, but remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. may be considered. Check with your recruiter for more information.
Robinhood is looking for a Crypto AML Investigator to join the Financial Crimes Investigations team. The Crypto AML Investigator will be responsible for conducting investigations to identify potential money laundering, or other related activities, using both traditional AML tools, as well as blockchain analytics software. They’ll support the Financial Crimes Investigations team in managing risk to ensure Robinhood meets our regulatory requirements. The right candidate has prior Crypto AML investigations experience working with a broker-dealer or FinTech company, including drafting Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Identifying, researching and reporting potentially suspicious activity identified through our suspicious activity monitoring rules or other sources (e.g. referrals, external inquiries etc.)
- Analyzing customer transactional activity (e.g. crypto trading, money movement, etc.) and behavioral patterns to identify potentially suspicious activities
- Conducting research using Robinhood systems and proprietary tools to identify relevant Know Your Customer (KYC) information
- Managing the investigative process from detection to decisioning and drafting SARS, where appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years working in AML investigations for a broker-dealer or FinTech
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, Elliptic, CipherTrace)
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS), especially relating to virtual currencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Resourceful, persistent and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- FINRA Series 7 & 24
- Experience with Actimize and Nasdaq SMARTS Trade Surveillance system
- Crypto-specific investigative work experience and knowledge of blockchain analysis across various crypto products
- Crypto compliance certifications (CCI, CTCE, CCFC, Reactor, KYT)
- ACAMS Certified
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $74000 - $87000
US Zone 2: $65000 - $77000
US Zone 3: $58000 - $68000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.