Sr. Internal Communications Manager, Product
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
Robinhood is looking for a Senior Internal Communications manager to support business strategy and product communications. This person will partner across several business lines to own the product roadmap communication strategy to the enterprise. The senior manager will lead internal strategy for launch announcements, including thought leadership, launch celebrations, and creative solutions to engage Hoodies around our products. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and editing skills, good business judgment, strong intuition, and experience managing strategic communications and employee engagement in a fast-moving environment.This role reports to our Director of Internal Communications.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work cross-functionally to lead the internal communication strategies that amplify our product roadmap and bring Hoodies along on progress.
- Develop and execute comms strategies in partnership with PR for product launches that build on the Robinhood brand narrative.
- Partner with GMs of each business to drive thought leadership and provide communications counsel.
- Partner with product managers to amplify launches and celebrate milestones internally.
- Manage issues and crisis communications in partnership with PR.
- Partner with each business line on communication channels like newsletters and all hands.
- Support, write, and edit communications content, leadership messages, and technical updates during complex, ambiguous, and fast-moving situations
- Mine for story ideas and produce content across multiple audiences.
- Develop a strong pulse for sentiment among employees, and a clear understanding of how day to day work maps back to company priorities.
- 10+ years of experience in internal communications, PR, employee experience, or similar areas of expertise
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Experience building relationships with diverse stakeholders and company leaders
- Experience managing programs, events, and organizational changes
- Experience in a tech-first company or product domain
- Experience building robust communications programs and plans, including creative solutions to engage audiences
- Eagerness and aptitude to learn quickly and explain broad subject matter effectively
- Expert use of information and collaboration apps such as Slack, Atlassian, Coda, Airtable, and more
- Experience in video production
- Design or creative skills
- Experience in fintech or financial services
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $225000 - $265000
US Zone 2: $198000 - $233000
US Zone 3: $176000 - $207000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.