Director of Corporate Communications, Issues and Crisis
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Washington, DC or New York City, NY with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
Our communications team is looking for a Director of Corporate Communications, Issues and Crisis to lead issues and crisis preparedness and response projects. You’ll work with a small team that promotes and defends Robinhood’s public story. The Director, Issues and Crisis Communications will also shape stakeholder engagement strategies and lead on major issues and crisis planning.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Developing and executing on issues and crisis response strategy and playbook
- Partnering with business line leadership and legal and compliance to develop and deploy a comprehensive sev response plan
- Tracking and analyzing emergent issues and developing guidance on when/where to engage
- Driving the Robinhood narrative in the media and serving as the initial clearing house for issues-related external-facing corporate communications materials to ensure consistency and alignment
- Persistently placing media stories that sustain/advance Robinhood’s standing as a leader and, likewise, combat false headlines and correct misinformation in news coverage
- Working cross-functionally with business units to craft communications plans that influence the thinking and behavior of key audiences and thoughtfully promotes Robinhood
- 12+ years working in corporate issues and crisis communications in house or at an agency
- Knowledge and experience with policy and litigation issues for compliance heavy organizations
- Ability to deploy and think in a multi- channel/audience approach to respond to crises
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities and initiatives across internal & external stakeholders with minimal supervision; self-motivated
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail, including proofreading, editing and grammar skills
- Spokesperson experience
- Experience in financial services or fintech
- Experience with or knowledge of a broker-dealer and/or broker-dealer issues is preferred but not required
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.