Product Compliance Senior Advisor
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
This role is based in our Lake Mary, FL, Westlake, TX, or Chicago, IL offices.
Robinhood Financial (“RHF”)/Robinhood Securities (“RHS”) retail broker/dealer and clearing firm, and the Brokerage Product Compliance team focuses on working with our Robinhood Product, Engineering and Product Operations (“Product”) to ensure they are developing and deploying new and enhanced products and services in a compliant manner, and serving as their primary point of contact for compliance matters related to the firms business. The team is responsible for providing guidance, training, testing and supervisory support, acting as an escalation point, partnering in WSP and general policy and procedure updates and implementation, and acting in an advisory capacity to provide regulatory guidance on product-related matters.
As a Senior Compliance Advisor on the Brokerage Product team, you’ll report to the Senior Manager of Product Compliance, and be responsible for supporting new and enhanced product and service development, testing, deployment and retrospective review, working with Product, risk and legal to ensure offerings meet regulatory and firm policy requirements, and collaborating with business partners to ensure any updates or corrective actions are fully implemented.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Working with Product teams and partners in ideation, design, development, testing and deployment of brokerage products including, but not limited to equities, options, ETFs, margin and fractional shares
- Proactive guidance on broker/dealer regulatory requirements
- Collaborating with legal, business, compliance and technology partners
- Act as the compliance subject matter expert and provide regulatory guidance on business initiatives and operational processes to internal teams
- Partner with Policy & Internal Control group, CX Compliance and other Risk & Compliance groups in developing, enhancing and implementing policies, procedures and controls
- Provide real-time tactical and strategic answers to business partners compliance questions and critical issues
- Train on securities regulations, policies, procedures, support/sales practices and supervision
- Test policies, procedures, support/sales practices and supervision to ensure effective end to end controls
- Initiate communications regarding regulatory updates/changes and policy reminders to the Product teams
- Research and interpret rules and regulations to determine applicability to business processes
- Support regulatory filings, exams and inquiries
- Passion for Robinhood's products and our mission to democratize finance for all
- 7-10 years of financial services proven experience, and specifically 5+ years within the area of broker-dealer compliance
- Prior experience in a compliance or legal role supporting brokerage product development including, but not limited to equities, options, margin, fractional shares and ETFs
- Extensive knowledge of FINRA and SEC regulations, including practical applications of regulatory rules in broker-dealer operations
- Strong effective communication skills that builds trusted relationships among relevant business partners, such as business principals and registered representatives
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Advanced research, writing and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with impactful results
- Resourceful and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Active FINRA Series 7, or 24
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- Experience managing projects collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
- Prior experience with on-line brokerage business
- Prior experience working in a compliance advisory role supporting various brokerage business operations
- Prior experience at a broker/dealer financial services regulator (FINRA or SEC)
- Certifications such as CRCP, CSCP
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $140000 - $165000
US Zone 2: $123000 - $145000
US Zone 3: $110000 - $129000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.