Payments Compliance Manager
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team + role
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Lake Mary, FL, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management, but remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. may be considered. Check with your recruiter for more information.
Robinhood Money, LLC (“RHY”) is a licensed money transmitter. As a Payments Compliance Manager, you'll help build out and manage RHY's compliance governance program and provide governance support for RHY’s Board of Managers and Risk Oversight Committee.
This is an individual contributor role.
What you’ll do
- Provide governance support for RHY’s leadership committee
- Provide compliance program oversight by conducting risk assessments, managing the risk register and risk metaverse, handling the compliance calendar, and serving as a point of contact for audits
- Develop RHY's compliance policies and procedures, including drafting policies, standing up associated processes, and leading annual policy reviews
- Build RHY’s Testing & Monitoring Program, conducting analysis and testing, and crafting a strategic plan for prioritizing and addressing any gaps
- Build RHY’s Regulatory Risk Assessment Program, including identifying and enhancing controls and working with stakeholders on risk ratings
- Represent and participate in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) tabletop exercises
- Supervise compliance issue management including remediation of audit and compliance findings
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in compliance, risk management, or related field in a highly regulated environment and/or public company
- Experience helping design and build governance programs
- Experience writing policies and procedures
- Experience simultaneously running multiple programs involving cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience operating autonomously in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Experience assessing controls, conducting compliance testing, and creating action plans
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $140000 - $165000
US Zone 2: $123000 - $145000
US Zone 3: $110000 - $129000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.