Engineering Manager, Say Technologies
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the Team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in New York, NY or Menlo Park, CA, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
We’re excited to invite hard-working and motivated Engineers to join Say Technologies to help us democratize the way investors think about stock ownership.
In August of 2021, Robinhood acquired Say - a purposeful company that’s built a communication platform that makes it easier for investors to exercise their ownership rights.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative and growing team within Robinhood, have a huge impact on their growth, and serve public companies, broker-dealers, and everyday investors. Working on the Say team at Robinhood, you'll help us systematically understand how public companies and their shareholders can interact and bring investors closer to their investments. Our clients use Say to build deeper relationships with their investors, and the world’s fastest-growing brokers and investment platforms to make shareholder rights more accessible for their customers.
Say is growing its engineering team and looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our team of backend engineers, and to develop and take ownership of Say’s backend technical roadmap that aligns with our product roadmap.
What you'll do day to day:
- Ensure your team understands how the work they are doing ladders up to the company strategy
- Lead the team’s execution including implementing appropriate processes, establishing a high standard of performance, managing risks and resource allocation
- As part of the Leadership team, you will be leading our strategic thinking in terms of technology and closely align with our product lead
- Build out our product vision & roadmap in collaboration with the product team
- Establish team culture and processes to reduce technical debt from our systems
- Grow and develop a team of inspired and hardworking engineers who have high expectations of themselves and their teammates to chip in to ensuring Say’s success
- Stay current on innovations, tools, and trends to find opportunities for Say to continuously improve our offering and set up
- You can jump into code where your involvement is most effective. Code contribution could make up to 20% of your role.
You'll love this role if:
- You feel confident communicating technical direction to both technical and non-technical collaborators and - more broadly - enjoy partner management
- You are able to make hard decisions and manage tradeoffs and conflicts
- You enjoy being both a coach and player - leading and supporting others, while also jumping in to move the work forward
- You are analytical, have a perspective and want to dig in on product decisions
- You are eager to play a core role in crafting Say’s culture
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Consistent track record of hiring talent and experience growing and coaching engineers
- You’re good in managing your time efficiently by prioritizing what matters and spending quality time with your team
- Strong product approach and excited to talk Say’s products (current & future state)
- You hold yourself and your team accountable on commitments and leverage findings to drive us to better outcomes
- You’re able to delegate, harness your teams’ strength and motivate the team to make more impactful progress
- You’re highly curious and interested in becoming a subject matter expert in Brokerage and Issuer products and technology topics
- Demonstrated continual ownership of projects
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Required : experience with our tech stack: Python, Django, TypeScript, & Postgres
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $187000 - $220000
US Zone 2: $165000 - $194000
US Zone 3: $146000 - $172000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.