Client Platform Engineer, Networking
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
This role is based in our Menlo Park, Seattle or New York City office, dependent on applicant’s location.
Robinhood is looking for a Client Platform Engineer - Networking to join the Corporates Endpoints (CPE) team. The CPE team is responsible for building out and supporting endpoint management tools for internal employees across our supported platforms.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with cross collaborative teams to expand upon, and maintain the security and stability of our endpoint management infrastructure with a primary focus on VPN, network monitoring and device telemetry.
- Build automation to support networking infrastructure and VPN tooling.
- Act as a point of escalation for other Corporate Engineering teams and assist in triaging issues related to CPE tooling.
- Monitor network performance and proactively identify potential issues and participate in on-call rotation
- Leads in the design and building of new tools based on internal requirements and specifications.
- Perform code reviews, write documentation and drive engineering best practices.
- Demonstrated ability as a network or CPE/IT engineer, preferably with more than 5 years of experience in companies or organizations of similar size and maturity.
- Experienced with Terraform and AWS.
- Show a solid understanding of network security and best practices.
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver that can just as easily work on their own or as part of a team.
- Have a passion for improving employee experience.
- Experience building out API integrations for SaaS tools.
- Experience managing macOS devices using Munki, MDM and configuration management tools like Saltstack.
- Have a strong coding or scripting background.
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $132000 - $155000
US Zone 2: $116000 - $136000
US Zone 3: $103000 - $121000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?