Audience Development Manager
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Sherwood Media is Robinhood’s new, independent media brand for news and information about the markets, economics, business, technology, and the culture of money. Sherwood Media is building on the success of Snacks — our daily markets and business newsletter — which has one of the largest audiences in the country.
Sherwood will launch a suite of new editorial offerings throughout 2023, complementing Snacks with more always-on news updates and analysis, original reporting, new newsletter offerings, social-first content, and live events.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA or New York, NY with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
The story of money is the story of culture, and Sherwood is the secret weapon for the next generation of investor. Our team strives to make financial news more accessible, entertaining, and relevant by changing the way it is curated, shared, and consumed by the next generation. We already serve tens of millions of readers via our flagship newsletter Snacks; this summer we’ll be expanding and launching a web destination, building on our mission to provide strategies, new perspectives, analysis, in-depth reporting, surprising storytelling, inventive information, and most importantly, context to financial news. We aim to be a 24-hour news team, making real-time decisions based on key events and what our audience cares about.
You're a platform-savvy creative with a keen understanding of how to shape content strategy based on data & insights. You are as comfortable writing copy for a tweet as you are crafting an Instagram story series and analyzing week-over-week content performance. You have experience distilling a variety of story types into digestible, relevant soundbites for social and have a good sense of which stories are best suited for certain platforms and audiences. This role will be responsible for the distribution of editorial content beyond web and newsletter, so you should have experience working at an editorial entity and a solid understanding of the digital landscape. You should have experience managing paid social.
The Audience Development Manager role will be based in New York or Melo Park, joining our growing Media Operations team.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Hone Sherwood’s voice across social platforms and monitoring content performance across social, web, and newsletter
- Own reporting, analytics, and insights for editorial content performance
- Manage email list hygiene with remarketing campaigns based on engagement data
- Work with leadership to create and execute a paid marketing strategy
- Work closely with the editorial and revenue teams to provide insights around what content performs best where, and how we can capitalize on key moments and opportunities
- Work closely with writers and editors to identify the right social packaging and own content distribution across platforms
- Share and execute experiments and initiatives, finding new, strategic ways to reach customers with helpful, compelling coverage
- Ensure our news products span a balance of perspectives and topics, and uphold Robinhood's editorial and ethics standards
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in a newsroom setting
- Experience “holding the keys” to social platforms for a media publication
- You have an ownership mentality. You prioritize quality and pay strong attention to detail, factual precision, and nuance
- You know your way around a spreadsheet
- Previous experience covering news, working in, and reacting to timely news situations
- Knowledge of other key editorial players in the landscape and the desire to hone Sherwood’s distinct voice
- A love for news and keen editorial judgment. You’re eager to make people’s financial lives better through news that delivers key insights and education
- Quick. Clear. Engaging. You’re able to break down financial concepts and make them easy to understand and digestible for a broad audience
- Flexibility and willingness to collaborate cross-functionally, experiment, and develop new tools
- Love for creative analogies and finding new ways to explain key frameworks and concepts
- Data literacy a huge plus
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $98000 - $115000
US Zone 2: $86000 - $101000
US Zone 3: $77000 - $90000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?