Senior Quality Engineer
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the Team
As a core member of our QE team, you'll directly impact the lifeline of the business by maintaining a high bar for quality of our award winning iOS, Android apps as well as Web app. You'll own major features and will be working closely with different disciplines across the company.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Owning new feature quality through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch
- Defining test strategy and building test plans for new features as well as improvising on existing test plans for feature updates and customer feedback
- Contributing towards E2E Test Automation Framework by automating P0 test cases
- Collaborating with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Product Designers, Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers and Customer Support
- Strong quality sense and experience working closely with mobile and web client development teams
- Excellent communication skills and passion for tough technical problems
- Attention to detail and voice of customer experience
- Experience automating end to end UI tests for mobile and web apps
- Experience in championing customer feedback post-launch and bringing it to the attention of relevant teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in related field, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with consumer centric Mobile and Web app testing
- Product intuition and user empathy
- Experience ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms
- Familiarity with bug reporting systems like Jira and test case management tools like TestRail
- Experience working and collaborating with offshore teams
- Self-drive to improve the app experience above and beyond what's outlined in the spec
- Familiarity with a scripting language like Python, Swift for iOS, Espresso for Android, TestCafe for Web
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $153000 - $180000
US Zone 2: $134000 - $158000
US Zone 3: $119000 - $140000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?