Assistant General Counsel, Litigation
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the role:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA, Washington, DC or New York, NY with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
In this role, you will be a member of the Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement team within Robinhood’s Legal and Corporate Affairs team and work on a wide variety of important litigation matters. You will serve as a key contributor on high-stakes disputes. To be successful, you must be an organized self-starter and excellent teammate. This role requires pragmatic judgment and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Strategically manage a variety of complex litigation in jurisdictions around the country
- Partner closely with outside counsel to represent Robinhood in connection with all aspects of litigation,, mediations, and arbitrations
- Contribute on regulatory enforcement and investigations matters
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional business partners to proactively address risks and resolve pre-litigation disputes
- Assist with special projects as may be assigned
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent) and strong academic record
- Member in good standing of at least 1 U.S. State Bar
- At least 5 years of significant civil litigation experience
- Prior work experience at a top-tier law firm, in-house legal department, or government agency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Financial services experience
- Government enforcement experience
- In-house legal experience
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $202000 - $238000
US Zone 2: $178000 - $209000
US Zone 3: $158000 - $186000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?