Senior Staff Technical Program Manager - Technology Risk and Compliance
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for a Senior Staff Technical Program Manager to develop and drive high impact programs that support the overall company strategy, ensuring alignment across Engineering, Security, Risk, and Compliance organizations.
The role will be centralized within our growing Technical Programs team, and will partner with the cross-functional stakeholders to help craft programs to support the overall strategy, establish effective communication processes, build strong collaboration across the organizations, and ultimately drive execution within the Engineering org.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to be agile and adapt to the growing needs of the business, and have the ability to help build the sustainable practices that lead to a successful team.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Hands on, end-to-end program management from design to delivery
- Help evangelize the Risk & Compliance perspectives to include in the teams’ plans and overall company strategy
- Provide visibility to the Engineering orgranization’s work and priorities through strong communication practices.
- Establish robust processes to help the engineering teams to establish regular Risk reviews, incorporate them into regular planning, and goal settings.
- Build strong relationships with XFN partners like Security, Compliance, Enterprise Risk, and Internal Audit to ensure the alignment of needs and priorities with Engineering initiatives
- Work closely with the legal and regulatory arms of the company to ensure any compliance and legal requirements are captured accurately
- 8+ years of experience with managing engineering programs at scale
- Technical proficiency to understand and contribute to design and implementation decisions with engineering counterparts
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity and translating it to impactful results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering audiences
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize automation over manual processes.
- Experience working with Security, Compliance, and Risk organizations.
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud systems.
- Experience in Finance and Brokerage space.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $221000 - $260000
US Zone 2: $195000 - $229000
US Zone 3: $173000 - $203000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?