Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
This role is eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. Check with your recruiter for more information.
Robinhood is looking for a Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting, to join our team. You will play a key part in the preparation of financial statements for SEC filings, statutory, and internal reporting purposes as well as assist in understanding and incorporating product updates, transactions, and newly adopted accounting literature in our financial statement disclosures.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in financial reporting, industry experience with public companies, Fin-tech, broker dealers, banking or other financial services companies, who is a great collaborator, and is passionate about delivering quality results and driving continual improvement in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory filings (including Parent company and subsidiaries) and investor communications, including SEC filings such as 8-Ks, 10-Qs and 10-Ks (and associated XBRL requirements), proxy statements, statutory financial statements, earnings releases, earnings presentations, earnings call scripts, and investor conference materials.
- Prepare the financial statements, footnote disclosures, and management discussion and analyses while maintaining complete tie-out documentation under the Company’s SOX controls
- Prepare share-based compensation entries and reconciliation for month-end close and provide equity-related analysis
- Prepare monthly litigation accrual journal entries and associated rollforwards
- Assist in gathering quarterly related party questionnaires
- Assist in the preparation of portions of the GAAP and SEC disclosure checklists
- Perform ad hoc disclosure benchmarking research of peer group companies
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of the annual and quarterly SEC reporting processes
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements to streamline processes
- Establish active and effective communication with cross functional partners
- Perform and monitor Sarbanes-Oxley controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance
- Multi-task and complete assigned tasks and projects in accordance with set timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2 - 4 years of relevant work experience including minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience or financial reporting with a publicly traded company
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position and develop procedures for implementation
- Highly motivated and proactive with strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize competing workstreams and work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with all levels of the organization
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Active CPA license or actively working towards obtaining license
- Experience working with Workiva Wdesk, Equity Edge and Oracle FCCS
- Experience at a fintech company, high-growth startup, or broker-dealer industry
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $94000 - $110000
US Zone 2: $82000 - $97000
US Zone 3: $73000 - $86000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?