Applications Engineer, Workday
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the role:
This role is eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. Check with your recruiter for more information.
The Workday Applications Engineer is responsible for the design, development, configuration, testing, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of Robinhood's Workday platform. This role will partner with multi-functional stakeholders to analyze problems, provide recommendations and build solutions to address technical and business issues. The candidate will also support deployment of new releases and improvements while driving the platform's operational integrity and perform system and integration testing, platform configuration and customization assistance.
This is an excellent opportunity for Workday Application Engineers who are deeply passionate about operational excellence, People Systems, and building highly impactful platforms!
What you'll do day to day:
- Work closely with HR, Payroll, Finance and other Engineering teams to improve Workday
- Workday platform configurations, security setup, report administration, data imports, and third party software integrations
- Solve integration issues and coordinate resolution with operations, functional and technical teams
- Create system specifications, write code, configure system settings, and implement unit, integration and acceptance testing
- Be responsible for application support and operational activities
- Build and coordinate config & code migrations and upgrades across Workday tenants
- Author and maintains process and knowledge documentation for team and users
- 3+ years of experience supporting Workday Payroll and HCM modules with deep understanding of touchpoints between Payroll, Comp, Time & Absence, Benefits, etc
- Experience with owning the implementation and configuration of additional Workday modules & features
- Demonstrable experience with the Workday Integration tool set - Studio, EIBs, Cloud Connect, Custom Reports/RaaS, XSLTs, Web services and APIs (WSDL, SOAP, REST)
- Deep knowledge of Workday Security module & configuration
- Experience configuring BIRT reports
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong design intuition and user empathy
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- The desire to seek out the toughest technology and engineering problems and tackle them with little to no guidance
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall project management methodologies
- Ability to communicate to all levels of end users, IT & HR team members and leadership
- Greenhouse or other ATS knowledge and experience
- Experience working across offices and timezones
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $132000 - $155000
US Zone 2: $116000 - $136000
US Zone 3: $90000 - $106000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?