Staff Software Engineer - Airflow Orchestration
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA or Seattle, WA or New York City, NY, but remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. may be considered. Check with your recruiter for more information.
Our Data Infrastructure org is the central node to every team within Robinhood. As a leading software engineer on the Workflow Orchestration team, you'll be leading large technical initiatives collaborating with product engineers, infrastructure engineers, and data scientists to solve impactful business problems. In this role you will be mainly focussing on making our infrastructure around Airflow more reliable and scalable.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build and maintain our core data infrastructure systems with primary focus on Airflow
- Working with open source technologies like Airflow, Spark, and Kafka (with opportunities to contribute back to the community!)
- Work with developers inside Robinhood and identify requirements around systems that support their Workflows, and build efficient, scalable and reliable infrastructure
- Building a phenomenal customer experience for developers using the infrastructure you build
- Mentoring and coaching others to drive successful projects across the team
- 6+ years of software engineering experience.
- Has in-depth knowledge about Airflow internals, or similar workflow management platform
- Fluent in one or more programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java)
- Experience with building scalable distributed systems, both from scratch as well as on open source frameworks.
- Passionate about building platforms for developers and data professionals
- Deep understanding of the tradeoffs between different data tools and technologies
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Comfortable with working on containerized technologies
- Contributions to open source projects like Airflow, Kafka, Spark, Hudi, Flink e.t.c.
- Love talking to other engineers and enjoy debugging issues in all parts of the stack
- Has experience as TL for a team of engineers
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $217000 - $255000
US Zone 2: $190000 - $224000
US Zone 3: $169000 - $199000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?