Director of AML/BSA Compliance
At River, we are committed to building financial solutions that power a transparent and efficient global economic system made possible by Bitcoin. To that end, we have built leading Bitcoin brokerage, custody, mining, and lighting products to keep our clients ahead of the curve. We aim to bring premier Bitcoin banking solutions that offer a full array of financial services to our clients.
River is headquartered in Columbus, OH, and has raised more than $50 million from leading investors, including Goldcrest, Kingsway, Polychain, M13, DG, and Valor.
We are searching for an exceptional owner, builder and partner to mature our AML/BSA compliance program and help River further expand its suite of products and services. You will be a member of River’s practical and dynamic Legal department, and you will work extensively with teams in finance, product, and client operations as the expert on River’s regulatory obligations. You will be responsible for ensuring our compliance business operations and procedures comply with legal regulations and internal policies. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a good judge of risk, and an excellent communicator, with in-depth knowledge of the latest industry regulations and best practices.
What you will be doing
- Oversee River’s AML/BSA & OFAC programs.
- Develop and optimize policies and procedures for KYC/KYB, transaction monitoring, EDD, sanctions screening, and suspicious activity reports (SARs).
- Build and lead a team to support EDD investigations and to recommend outcomes to Client Services (CS), Relationship Management (RM), and Financial Operations (FinOps).
- Establish quality assurance and internal audit program.
- Manage third-party audit of River’s AML/BSA and OFAC programs.
- Report to Senior Leadership and River’s board on AML/BSA compliance program progress and developments.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for River’s banking and trading partners for compliance-related matters.
- Collaborate with Product teams to automate processes related to compliance requirements to facilitate River’s growth.
What we look for in you
- 4+ years experience with AML/BSA compliance, including 2+ years managing a team.
- Proven track record of building new processes to scale compliance programs.
- Substantial understanding of financial services industry processes and regulations.
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities, organizational skills, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet important deadlines.
- Nice to have: Experience working with Bitcoin or in the fintech industry.
- Nice to have: CAMs certification or similar.
Salary and benefits
- Salary range is $155,000 - $170,000 dependent on experience
- Competitive equity compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance