Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. As of July 29th, 2021, Riskified has begun trading on NYSE under the ticker RSKD.
About the Role
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to join our rapidly growing Finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the continued US expansion of our business, managing payroll, assisting with Accounts Receivable, and ensuring the accurate and timely closing of the monthly books. Additionally, this individual will innovate and drive efficiencies through continual evaluation of our systems and business processes. This role will report directly to the Assistant Controller and have exposure to senior leaders on the Finance team and throughout the organization.
What You'll Be Doing
- Prepare and review payroll files for bi-weekly payroll and work with HR to ensure completeness and accuracy of each payroll (leaves, new hires, terminations, sign on bonus, etc.)
- Reconcile and prepare payroll reports for upload into Netsuite
- Assist with Accounts Receivable and managing the collections process including:
- Active outreach to merchants for overdue invoices
- Apply payments accurately in Netsuite and resolve payment discrepancies
- Collaborate with various teams to assist with merchant inquiries
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Support external audit and tax requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including preparation of audit schedules
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects to increase efficiency and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Support leadership in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- 2+ years of accounting/bookkeeping experience at a startup / SaaS company or 2+ years of audit experience in public accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA license is a plus
- Proficiency with NetSuite ERP or other cloud based accounting software preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and strong verbal and written communication skills
The base salary range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000. This range is applicable to candidates who will perform the job either wholly, or in part, within New York City. Actual salary will be based on qualifications, competencies, and location. If you feel this range is not attractive, we encourage you to let us know through the application process.
Base salary is just one part of the pay package at Riskified. All full-time regular employees receive a bonus target and are eligible to receive stock-based awards. Also, our value proposition goes way beyond compensation: our perks and benefits package, culture, community, and learning and development programs are just some of the elements we provide to bring value to our employees. We invite you to apply at www.riskified.com to learn more about what we have to offer.
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic tech company with 750+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some of our NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Our NYC team is currently working in a hybrid of remote and in-office for all our team members
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Equity for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, fully-stocked kitchen, team events, happy hours, birthday celebrations
- Yoga, pilates, soccer league, wellness classes
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact in local communities
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, sales bootcamp, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
In the News
Riskified is deeply committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.