Senior Infrastructure Manager
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
In this role, you will lead/manage a cloud operations team that oversees the infrastructure and software life cycles by providing first-tier incident response and change management, to deliver continuous availability and reliability for the XRP Ledger, RippleNet services and other Ripple products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead and inspire a team of Cloud Ops engineers to continuously deliver availability and reliability of Ripple products
- Owning, creating and maintaining processes & tooling for infrastructure organization, adding your own tooling and processes.
- Executing and coordinating operational work across teams to improve the platform with minimal impact
- Participate in our first tier, follow-the-sun on call rotation, for technical issues only (during your business hours, approximately 9am-5pm). This position doesn’t involve external customer contact.
- Minimize our mean time to resolve incidents by reacting to monitoring alerts, problems reported by employees or customers in a timely manner
- Participate in developing monitoring dashboards and alerts, to improve our ability to detect and understand problems
- Coordinate with customer success and developer teams to triage, escalate, and ensure timely resolution of any incidents
- Contribute to infrastructure reliability by proactively identifying problems or ideas for improvement
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, with prior management or lead experience
- Strong familiarity with AWS and GCP
- Solid experience with Linux operating systems in the cloud and day to day upkeep
- Familiarity with containerization technologies and troubleshooting containers, especially Kubernetes.
- Troubleshooting virtual machine instances
- Knowledge of cloud networking concepts and technologies
- Experience with monitoring systems and incident management
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible or Saltstack
- Candidates who are passionate about troubleshooting complex problems with Cloud-based systems, networking, and storage at scale.
- Experience operating software as a service
- Experience working in the finTech a plus
- Experience participating in on-call(Your daytime) incident response
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.