Senior Software Engineer, RippleNet Payments
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be an entrepreneurial builder, working up and down the stack, mixing software engineering, data engineering, and distributed systems knowledge to build modern enterprise payment applications.
- Build reliable, high-throughput, low-latency microservices to power seamless cross border transactions.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle by gathering requirements, leveraging sound software design principles, and ensuring operational excellence with unit & integration testing
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, legal, and business development to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- Proactively identify customer and infrastructure pain points and drive corresponding solutions.
- Mentor and support growth of junior engineers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5-7 years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 3-5+ years in Java or similar (Golang, Scala etc).
- Experience in building transactional systems backed by modern persistence technologies (Aurora, DynamoDB etc.)
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security.
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications into modern distributed computing environments (Kubernetes, Nomad etc.)
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.