Cloud Network Architect
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
The Platform Engineering team at Ripple is a multi-functional Software Engineering and Operations team with involvement at all phases of our application and service release lifecycle that embraces the DevOps and GitOps principles of collaboration and integration.
As a Cloud Network Architect, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the networking of our cloud systems. You will closely partner with the InfoSec team and Operations team to ensure our cloud infrastructure is scalable, reliable and secure.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with Operations and Software Engineering teams to build scalable and high-performance solutions for our platform-as-a-service and internal management tools.
- Design and implement network architecture for our cloud-based systems, including virtual private networks (VPNs), subnets, routing tables, and security groups.
- Work with the Development and Operations teams to ensure that the network design supports their requirements for scalability, reliability, and security.
- Implement network security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ensure the network infrastructure is optimized for performance and cost-efficiency.
- Monitor and analyze network performance and availability, and proactively address any issues.
- Build disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Research promising new cloud networking tools and technologies, pushing the team to experiment and evolve
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Relevant certifications (e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Cisco CCNA/CCNP, CompTIA Network+) are a plus.
- Strong understanding of cloud networking technologies and protocols, such as TCP/IP, DNS, and load balancing.
- Knowledge of network security practices, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and encryption.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work optimally with multi-functional teams.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for cloud networking, we encourage you to apply.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Something looks off?