As a Ridgeline Quality Engineer on our Trade Order Management team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to help us build a world class trading product. Our goal is to build an industry defining, fast, and scalable trading system. We are building from scratch in cutting edge technologies in a fast-moving and creative work environment. If that sounds like an exciting challenge, you should apply to join our Trade Order Management team.
You’ll collaborate with the design, development, and product management teams to build well-organized and creative test plans, and you’ll work to help keep those teams accountable and on the same page. Attention to detail and communication will be critical to your success in this role. We will rely on you to represent our customers’ experience, testing from the perspective of various users from the investment management industry to ensure a world class software experience.
- Define, review, and execute test plans and automation strategies to ensure high quality for our service.
- Think creatively, demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills pertaining to quality in the trading space.
- Exercise innovative ways to ‘break’ the service.
- Demonstrated ability to think through testing cross-functionally and with multiple personas in mind.
- Contribute business domain insight and technical expertise to a team where product, engineering, and quality engineering collaborate closely.
- Proactive involvement in the entire software development process, from studying requirements and participating in design reviews through implementation.
- Prevent and identify bugs early in development and write detailed bug reports.
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way.
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, finance, accounting, or a similar field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in quality engineering or a similar function, with a track record of building and launching new products on a common platform.
- 3+ years of experience in software testing methodology and a CI/CD software development life cycle.
- 3+ years of test planning and automation experience.
- Experience with AWS and Datadog.
- Experience developing end-to-end tests with Cypress and API tests with Karate.
- Strong fintech industry knowledge and experience in one or more areas: Portfolio Construction, Compliance, Trading, Post-Trade.
- Prior experience working on Trading software is a plus.
- Willingness to learn about cutting-edge technologies while cultivating expertise in a business domain/problem space.
- Engage closely with the product management and engineering teams to help establish and achieve team goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Understand customer needs and design testing strategies that ensure we deliver a high quality customer experience.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to take initiative and build strong relationships.
- A self-motivated and strong collaborator, with the ability to manage expectations and conflicting needs.
- An aptitude for problem solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Serious interest in having fun at work.
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.