Staff Software Engineer, Identity & Access Management (IAM)
As a Ridgeline Staff Software Engineer on the Users & Entitlements team, you’ll be responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining our authentication and entitlement services in a fast-moving, progressive work environment. These services handle all user administration and ensure users are properly authenticated into and secured within the Ridgeline platform. Partnering across Ridgeline’s organization, including both Security and Product engineering, is critical to the future success of these services and Ridgeline’s Security First culture.
As one of our first 400 employees, you will also help preserve our culture, and influence the trajectory of an ambitious fintech startup. Our team aims to leave a legacy in an investment management industry primed for change.
What will you do?
- Provide technical expertise for user authentication and authorization, performance, scalability, and security
- Actively contribute and review other teammate’s code
- Actively create and review other teammate’s technical design documents
- Design, build and test solutions that integrate with Auth0 and Single Sign On Identity Providers to handle authentication
- Handle On-Call rotations for production support of the authentication and authorization services
- Be involved in the entire software development process, from requirements and design reviews through end product delivery, using agile development methodologies
- Impact a developing tech stack based on modern serverless frameworks and cost-efficient utilization of AWS back-end services
- Coach, mentor, and inspire teams of product engineers that are responsible for delivering high performing, secure enterprise applications
- Proactively collaborate across Platform, Product, and Security teams as well as cross-functionally to establish partnerships and champion innovation
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in a software engineering position with a history of architecting and designing new products and technologies
- 2+ years experience engineering focusing on Identity and Access Management
- Experience using Auth0 and Single Sign On (SSO) for authentication
- History of architecting, designing, and delivering security-first enterprise applications in the cloud using agile development methodologies
- Experience using JIRA for issue tracking
- Experiencing managing large and distributed code bases in Python and Java
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and architectural patterns
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables while maintaining a big-picture perspective
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- Understanding of building back-end infrastructure using AWS, with specific focus on RDS, Lambda and S3
- Experience with Kotlin
- Familiarity with cloud based multi-region application architectures
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Pytest, and Cypress
- Experience with investment management applications
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.