Are you an experienced GL GAAP Accountant with a passion for upholding the accuracy and integrity of financial data? Do you enjoy the opportunity to support financial reporting procedures and maintain compliance with accounting standards and regulations? Are you someone who thrives on operational and strategic initiatives such as automation and compensation projects, capital expenditures, customer invoicing and management, banking relationships, internal controls, and compliance. If so, our GL GAAP Accountant role is the perfect fit for you.
This is a great opportunity to join a pre-revenue organization and actively shape its financial trajectory as Ridgeline evolves into a high-revenue success story. As a GL Accountant, you will hold a pivotal role in establishing robust financial systems, streamlining revenue recognition, and ensuring compliance and regulatory reporting at Ridgeline.
This position reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager. We are not considering remote employees at this time, nor does Ridgeline sponsor work visas for this role.
What will you do?
- General Ledger Management: Maintain and reconcile the general ledger accounts ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with accounting standards. This includes recording and classifying financial transactions, reviewing and analyzing general ledger balances, and preparing and adjusting entries as needed (accruals, depreciation, and amortization).
- Month-end and Year-end Closing: Assist in the preparation of month-end and year-end financial statements and reports. This involves coordinating with various departments to gather the necessary information, performing account reconciliations, and ensuring timely and accurate financial closing processes.
- Revenue Recognition: Collaborate with sales, operations, and legal teams to understand contract terms and identify any potential issues or risks related to revenue recognition.
- Compliance and Internal Controls: Adhere to company policies, accounting regulations, and internal control procedures. Monitor compliance with financial policies and procedures and recommend enhancements or corrective actions as needed.
- Compliance and Regulatory Reporting: Assist in the preparation and submission of regulatory filings and compliance reports, such as tax returns, government surveys, and other financial disclosures.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate and improve accounting processes and procedures to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness. Identify opportunities for automation and implement streamlined workflows where possible.
- Documentation and Recordkeeping: Maintain proper documentation and records of financial transactions, supporting schedules, and reconciliations. Ensure compliance with document retention policies.
- Interdepartmental Collaboration: Collaborate with other departments, such as Accounting, Legal, Finance and Strategy, to ensure accurate and timely financial information exchange, and resolve any related issues.
- Perform additional ad hoc tasks and requests.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in accounting/finance field
- ASC 606 familiarity
- Audit experience
- Enterprise SaaS industry experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures
- Commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality while working with privileged data
- Software familiarity (QBO, Bill.com, Expensify, Workato, GSuite, etc.)
- Start-up experience
- Strong Google Sheet prowess
- Serious interest in having fun at work
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.