Staff Front End Engineer, Client Engagement
As a Senior Software Engineer at Ridgeline, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build high-quality, complex, FinTech industry defining cloud applications for our Client Management solutions. Our team of engineers are building from scratch in cutting edge technologies in a fast-moving, creative, progressive work environment. You’ll think outside the box and add your own genius, passion, and interests to the software development lifecycle.
Ridgeline Client Management is the entry into the Ridgeline suite of applications for client and portfolio onboarding and partner relationships, providing an investor 360 view and lightweight service automation. Ridgeline Revenue Management is a complementary application for billing and revenue analytics.
As part of the Ridgeline Client Management teams, you will be building an innovative solution on cutting edge technology, and help shape our culture, make a big impact on a small team, and be part of building a successful company. Our team aims to leave a legacy in an investment management industry that is primed for revolution.
What will you do?
- Contribute accounting domain knowledge, design skills, and technical expertise to a team where design, strategy, and engineering collaborate closely
- Be involved in the entire software development process, from requirements and design reviews through the implementation of a new Investment Accounting product
- Impact a developing tech stack based on AWS back-end services
- Participate in the creation and construction of developer-based automation that leads to scalable, high-quality applications customers will depend on to run their businesses
- Coach, mentor, and inspire teams of product engineers that are responsible for delivering high performing, secure enterprise applications
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years in a software engineering position with a history of architecting and designing new products and technologies
- Experience building cloud native applications on AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Willingness to learn about new technologies while simultaneously developing expertise in a business domain/problem space
- Understand the value of automated tests at all levels
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables while maintaining a big-picture long term perspective
- An aptitude for complex problem-solving
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- Experience with investment or asset management applications OR customer relationship management (CRM)
- Understanding of AWS services and infrastructure
- Experience with Docker or containerization
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience in Java or Kotlin
- Experience with React
- Background in design, economics, or finance
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary tech entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to apply his successful formula of solving operational business challenges with bold innovation and human connectivity to the unique needs of the investment management industry.
Ridgeline started with a clean sheet of paper and a deep bench of experts bound by a set of core values and motivated to revolutionize an industry underserved by its current tech offerings. We are building a new, modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry and we are prioritizing security, agility, and usability to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, NV and Manhattan, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, Glassdoor, and Northern Nevada as a “Best Place to Work” and by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.