Manager, Software Engineering, Developer Experience
As a Manager of Software Engineering at Ridgeline, you’ll provide leadership to teams developing high-quality, creative solutions and applications in a fast-moving, progressive work environment. You’ll think outside the box and add your own vision, passion, and interests to the software development lifecycle. Ridgeline is focused across the complete range of Developer Experience from Software Development Best Practices, Local CI/CD, Localstack, Cloud Development Kit and more.
As a leader at Ridgeline and one of our first 400 employees, you will also help drive our culture, and influence the trajectory of an ambitious tech startup. Our team aims to create a world class Infrastructure and Operations organization that influences the best of DevSecOps.
- Contribute business insight, design skills, and best practices to a team where design, product management, and engineering collaborate closely
- Be involved in the entire software development process, from requirements and design reviews through the implementation of a new product, understanding agile development methodologies
- Hands-on responsibility with the codeline, contributing to the codebase on a regular basis
- An active participant in the peer and code review process
- Help engineers develop new skills and advance their career through coaching
- Engage in performance conversations and help align business objectives and career goals
- Coach, mentor, and inspire teams of product engineers that are responsible for delivering high performing, secure enterprise applications
- Impact a developing tech stack based on modern front-end frameworks and cost-efficient utilization of AWS back-end services
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Ensure close relationships in a multi-location organization, connecting our product and engineering teams.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years in a software engineering position or similar function, with a history of managing, architecting and designing new products and technologies, with at least three years in a people management role.
- Clear and crisp communicator
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and architectural patterns
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables while maintaining a big-picture perspective
- Knowledge and experience solving problems in the Software Development and Developer Experience domain
- An aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- Experience with Localstack
- Experience designing and launching enterprise applications with agile development methodologies
- Understanding of building back-end infrastructure using AWS offerings such as Aurora, Lambda, and S3
- Experience with investment management applications
- Background in design, economics, or business
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
[For New York and California Based Only]
The cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $140,000-$167,500. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.