Staff Software Engineer, Reporting
As a Ridgeline Staff Software Engineer on our Reporting team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build high-quality, complex, industry defining applications. Our team of engineers are building from scratch in cutting edge technologies in a fast-moving, creative, progressive work environment. You’ll think outside the box and add your own genius, passion, and interests to the software development lifecycle.
What will you do?
- Contribute design skills and technical expertise to a team where design, strategy, and engineering collaborate closely
- Be involved in the entire software development process, from requirements and design reviews through implementation
- Impact a developing tech stack based on AWS back-end services
- Participate in the creation and construction of developer-based automation that leads to scalable, high-quality applications customers will depend on to run their businesses
- Coach, mentor, and inspire teams of product engineers that are responsible for delivering high performing, secure enterprise applications
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years in a software engineering position with a history of architecting and designing new products and technologies
- Experience with Python or Kotlin, and ideally React
- Experience building cloud native applications on AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Willingness to learn about new technologies while simultaneously developing expertise in a business domain/problem space
- Understand the value of automated tests at all levels
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables while maintaining a big-picture long term perspective
- An aptitude for complex problem-solving
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Serious interest in having fun at work
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary tech entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to apply his successful formula of solving operational business challenges with bold innovation and human connectivity to the unique needs of the investment management industry.
Ridgeline started with a clean sheet of paper and a deep bench of experts bound by a set of core values and motivated to revolutionize an industry underserved by its current tech offerings. We are building a new, modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry and we are prioritizing security, agility, and usability to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, NV and Manhattan, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, Glassdoor, and Northern Nevada as a “Best Place to Work” and by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
[For New York and California Based Only]
The typical starting salary range for new hires in this role is listed below. In select locations (including, the San Francisco Bay Area, CA, and the New York City Metro Area), an alternate range may apply as specified below.
The typical starting salary range for this role is: $165,000-$200,000.
The typical starting salary range for this role in the select locations listed above is: $175,000-$215,000.
Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.