Technical Release Manager
Ridgeline is hiring an experienced Technical Release Manager to drive strategy and operation for our end-to-end release process. A driving principle at Ridgeline is to deliver high quality with speed. In this role, you will enforce clear and strict release criteria to establish a fully automated release process that is reliable and repeatable.. Further, you will collaborate with Engineering partners to drive rollback and recovery strategy across all services. As a champion of service excellence, you will partner with service owners across Product & Technology and downstream Customer Success partners to ensure the highest quality experience for Ridgeline customers.
The Technical Release Manager will report to the Manager of Program Management.
What will you do?
- Define the release strategy and release criteria, coordinate go/no-go reviews with the service owners, and provide sign-off
- Identify gaps in the release process and implement improvements
- Manage the end-to-end release process and schedule, including critical deadlines for code and infrastructure releases in pre-production and production environments
- Maintain regular release schedule, and conduct release calls with cross-functional teams to gather feature details for planning and deployment through CI/CD pipelines
- Schedule and lead triage calls to investigate rollback features; drive Engineering owners to identify root causes and ensure improvement
- Create release matrices; present & align matrices with leadership and service owners
- Schedule and ensure Engineering owners implement emergency fixes in production while minimizing the impact on the production environment
- Maintain all release management-related Standard Operating Procedures
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical release management or a related role in a SaaS or Cloud service environment
- Proven experience in defining release criteria/strategy, managing end-to-end release processes, and enhancing release gaps
- Proficiency in technical domains (programming languages, cloud software architectures, deployment methodologies, infra components, and related tools)
- Proficient with release automation processes and tools like CI/CD, feature flags, version control systems, build management, and configuration management tools; ability to configure and optimize tools to streamline release and improvement efficiency
- Strong knowledge of release management principles, best practices, and tools
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and solve technical challenges with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with a proven track record of managing senior internal and external stakeholders, as well as acting as a bridge between technical and non-technical groups
- Well-versed in security practice; ability to identify vulnerabilities
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, maintaining clear and focused communication even in challenging situations
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any question
Compensation and Benefits
The cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $140,000 - $162,500. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan and the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.