Senior/Staff Software Engineer, Market Data
As a Senior / Staff Software Engineer at Ridgeline, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build high-quality, complex, FinTech industry defining cloud applications for our Market Data solutions. Our team of engineers are using cutting edge technologies in a fast-moving, creative, and progressive work environment. You’ll think outside the box and add your own genius, passion, and interests to the software development lifecycle.
Ridgeline Market Data is the hub of the Ridgeline microservice suite that provides mission critical details about instruments of all asset classes. The Market Data team is always innovating while increasing contribution to Ridgeline’s success.
As part of the Ridgeline Market Data team, you will be building a revolutionary solution on the newest technologies, make a big impact on a small team, and be part of building a successful culture rich company. Our team aims to leave a legacy in an investment management industry that is primed for revolution.
What will you do?
- Contribute your extensive engineering expertise and architect skills to an Agile team collaborating on design, strategy, and solutions
- Be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, from requirements and design reviews, through the implementation of a new product
- Impact our developing tech stack based on modern front-end frameworks and cost-efficient utilization of AWS back-end services
- Participate in the creation and construction of developer-based automation that leads to scalable, high-quality applications that our customers will depend on to run their business
- Coach, mentor, and inspire product engineers that are responsible for delivering high performing, secure enterprise applications
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly every step of the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
- Demonstrate a strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence: implement unit/integration/component tests and workflows
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 4+ years in a software engineering position or similar function
- Strong history of architecting and designing new products and technologies
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related discipline
- Demonstrated mastery of data structures, algorithms, and architectural patterns
- Expertise in one or more of the following languages: Kotlin, Python, Java
- Willingness to learn about new technologies, while simultaneously developing expertise in a business domain/problem space
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables, while maintaining a big-picture perspective
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and all audiences
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- Experience with investment or asset management applications.
- Experience building highly responsive Web interfaces using frameworks such as React and Redux
- Understanding of building back-end infrastructure using AWS offerings such as Aurora, Lambda, and S3
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Background in design, economics, or finance
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.