Functional Pre-Sales Lead
Ridgeline is a privately funded FinTech startup determined to modernize investment management software. Our founder and CEO, Dave Duffield, has spent the last four decades building and growing values-based enterprise software companies, including PeopleSoft and Workday. Our employees bring a mix of tech, finance, and investment management experience to our mission. Headquartered in the Lake Tahoe Basin, with a second office in the heart of Manhattan, Ridgeline enjoys the best of both worlds: the tranquility of Lake Tahoe and the energy of the country’s financial capital.
About the Team
This is an exciting opportunity to join Ridgeline’s Sales & Marketing organization as a Pre-Sales Executive and shape the direction of the Pre-Sales team. The Go-to-Market team is a collaborative group of high performers passionate about generating long term value for customers. This role focuses on net-new customers in the asset management industry. In this role, you will use your extensive experience, domain expertise and consultative selling approach to drive sales of the Ridgeline platform which offers integrated workflows and a unified data set across Accounting / OMS / Client Engagement / Performance / Reporting and more.
About the Experience
As a Pre-Sales Executive, you will play a vital role throughout our sales process by serving as a key functional and technical resource. You will have the opportunity to interact with clients across the asset management industry, and showcase Ridgeline’s innovative, cloud-native, single-platform approach to eight core investment management functionalities.
- You will lead technical and functional demos, highlighting the value and capabilities of our solutions to prospective clients. Demonstrated experience in pre-sales or sales with complex investment management systems is a plus.
- You will partner closely with sales, product development, and implementation teams to ensure a seamless customer experience from sales to deployment.
- You will help manage the entire sales process from RFP/RFI to the creation of the Statement of Work (SOW) in collaboration with key internal teams.
- You will become a product expert on our platform, demonstrating its value proposition to various stakeholders including Traders, Portfolio Managers, Compliance Officers, IT, Accounting and C-level individuals.
- You will provide valuable feedback to product management teams to innovate and drive product enhancements.
- You are willing to travel regularly (~20-40% of the time) to foster and maintain relationships
- You are passionate, enthusiastic and a successful new business person who wants to be part of one of the most disruptive FinTech companies on the planet!
- You have 8+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, including roles in fintech deployment, sales engineering, solutions architecture, and financial platforms.
- You have a deep understanding of investment management, with extensive knowledge of front, middle, and back-office operations of asset management firms.
- You have a strong understanding of financial markets, portfolio management, trading, performance and risk, investment accounting, compliance, corporate actions, position management, and trade settlement.
- You have a deep understanding of the asset management strategic competitive landscape, industry trends, and customer needs.
- You have familiarity with consultative selling methodologies and the ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results.
- You have Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts simply and clearly to clients, and superior presentation skills, with experience in leading product demonstrations to large and complex audiences.
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a high-pressure environment and is passionate about financial markets and technology (FinTech).
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Architecture, Mathematics, Engineering, Business Management, Economics, Finance, or related field.
- You have a friendly and open personality, with a high degree of professionalism and ability to forge relationships with senior market practitioners in large and small corporations.
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary tech entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to apply his successful formula of solving operational business challenges with bold innovation and human connectivity to the unique needs of the investment management industry.
Ridgeline started with a clean sheet of paper and a deep bench of experts bound by a set of core values and motivated to revolutionize an industry underserved by its current tech offerings. We are building a new, modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry and we are prioritizing security, agility, and usability to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, NV and Manhattan, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, Glassdoor, and Northern Nevada as a “Best Place to Work” and by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup.”
Ridgeline is a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
[For New York and California Based Only]
The cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $185,000 to $245,000 OTE for individuals based in New York and California. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.