Senior/Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Here at Ridgeline, we’re building the industry cloud platform for investment management. In addition to creating cutting-edge software products for our end-users, our engineering teams design, build, and operate large scale systems necessary to deliver these mission-critical services. Ridgeline’s Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) organization is responsible for ensuring we continually deliver reliable and high-performance systems across a diverse set of services and customer workflows.
In this role, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build a culture of reliability from the ground up, with well resourced and highly motivated development teams. Partnering with high-velocity developer teams, your personal impact will be a function of your ingenuity and ability to execute. There is no higher priority for us than having successful customers using our product and SRE is a key component of our scaling strategy.
Our team moves fast. You will, too, as you bring your expertise in SRE and passion for building world-class systems to drive further automation and best practices for scaling our serverless architecture. Furthermore, you will serve as an ambassador for performance and reliability standards across Ridgeline by partnering with teams like Product & Platform Engineering, PMO, Security, Professional Services, and Customer Support.
What will you do?
- Ensure our platform’s availability, reliability, scalability, fault tolerance and performance objectives are met by engaging across the entire software development lifecycle
- Partner with development teams to help them build and operate reliable and scalable services (including on-call rotation participation)
- Mentor junior colleagues and up-level the entire organization with your well-reasoned solutions
- Continue development of the Ridgeline tech stack powered by serverless, modern front-end frameworks and cost-effective utilization of AWS infrastructure
- Execute cross-team and cross-domain initiatives effectively
- Lead by example in a cross-functional and collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
- Be part of a data-driven organization, utilizing the information available to make informed infrastructure and engineering decisions for our customers
Desired Skills and Experience
- Software development experience building and managing large scale mission critical systems
- Proficiency in Python or Go
- Experience in an operations role or similar function, with a track record of building, maintaining, and launching new features
- Experience deploying, monitoring, and maintaining multi-tenant architectures
- Proven ability to partner effectively with cross-functional colleagues
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to balance empathy with the customer with the needs of the business and technology
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- Experience using SLOs to manage product development life cycle
- Experience working with operations teams in the financial services industry
- Experience designing and launching enterprise applications with agile development methodologies
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
[For New York and California Based Only]
The cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $140,000-$180,000 for individuals based in New York and California. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.
Something looks off?