Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
As a Ridgeline SDET, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work as part of the Quality Engineering organization to ensure we are shipping high-quality, creative enterprise business applications in a fast-moving, progressive work environment. You’ll collaborate with the service teams to collaborate on a testing strategy and work to implement thoughtful, technical tests to ensure coverage. Attention to detail and technical testing experience will be your personal power source. We will rely on you to represent our customers’ experience, testing from the perspective of various users from the investment management industry to ensure a world class software experience.
- Strategize with service teams on key testing frameworks (TDD, BDD)
- Partner with key stakeholders to execute ‘shift-left’ testing
- Think creatively, and exercise innovative ways to ‘break’ the product through low level testing
- Write back end integration and contract tests to provide early coverage for test cases
- Thoughtfully architect and implement front end post deploy tests in Cypress
- Work with Service teams to ensure quality code in a fast paced CI/CD environment
- Contribute meaningfully to a team-based environment deeply rooted in continuous learning, teaching, and sharing information
- Be an active, curious participant and listener in daily meetings and discussions
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
Desired Skills and Experience
- A degree in computer science
- Proficient in Python and Cypress
- 5+ years of extensive knowledge in software testing methodology and software development lifecycle (TDD, BDD, CI/CD)
- Understanding of API Contract testing
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Understanding of testing framework and tools such as Pact.io, Gatling, Kotlin, and Karate
- Comfortable working with Slack, Atlassian/ JIRA, AWS, and Github
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
[For New York and California Based Only]
The cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $140,000 - $180,000 for individuals based in New York and California. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.
Something looks off?