Manager/Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
Manager / Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
As a Quality Engineering Manager at Ridgeline, you’ll have the unique opportunity to establish and maintain high standards for our products. You will build and continually develop a strong QE team across our Nevada, New York, and California locations. Your focus will be to support Quality Engineers who test high-quality, creative enterprise business applications in a fast-moving, progressive work environment. You’ll collaborate with the Design, Development, and Product Management teams to build well-organized, end-to-end test plans, as well as drive SCRUMs to help keep those teams on track in the product development cycle. Based on a continuous delivery pipeline, the QE team enables a consistent product development process.
What will you do?
- Lead a team of Quality Engineers in automating thousands of test cases from multiple user perspectives for any product-impacting code checked in
- Build QE infrastructure for the product development process
- Ensure QE has visibility to the end-to-end integrity of a product feature: review use cases and ensure ample details (success criteria, goals, steps) are clearly articulated, and review the development unit and integration test plans and certify that they are both written and pass our quality standards
- Establish testing best practices by reviewing unit and integration test plans and enforcing standards
- Identify, introduce and manage appropriate QE environments, tools, and standards
- Enable the quality engineers to think creatively, demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills pertaining to a product malfunction, and exercise innovative ways to ‘break’ the product
- Engage in performance conversations and help align business objectives and career goals
- Contribute to a cross-functional, collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
- Build the pipeline, hire, and onboard talented QE team members
- Manage resource allocations for the QE team across projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- A degree in computer science, math, finance, or other related disciplines.
- 3-5+ years in a QE people management position or similar function
- Experience within investment management applications
- Background in integrations or test-driven development
- Test automation and test planning experience (i.e. Test Cafe)
- Ability to partner effectively with colleagues from Product Engineering, Product Management, Design, and DevOps
- Investment Management domain experience
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- Past experience building and managing QE teams in multiple locations
- Experience with Google Apps
- Comfortable working with Slack, JIRA/Confluence, AWS, Invision, or Github
- Experience designing and launching enterprise applications with agile development methodologies
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
[For New York and California Based Only]
The cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $150,000 - $200,000 for individuals based in New York and California. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.
Something looks off?