Senior Front End Engineer, Client Management
As a Staff Software Engineer at Ridgeline, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build high-quality, complex, FinTech industry defining cloud applications for our Client Management solutions. Our team of engineers are building from scratch in cutting edge technologies in a fast-moving, creative, progressive work environment. You’ll think outside the box and add your own genius, passion, and interests to the software development lifecycle.
Ridgeline Client Management is the entry into the Ridgeline suite of applications for client and portfolio onboarding and partner relationships, providing an investor 360 view and lightweight service automation. Ridgeline Revenue Management is a complementary application for billing and revenue analytics.
As part of the Ridgeline Client Management teams, you will be building an innovative solution on cutting edge technology, and help shape our culture, make a big impact on a small team, and be part of building a successful company. Our team aims to leave a legacy in an investment management industry that is primed for revolution.
What will you do?
- Contribute your extensive Client Management domain knowledge, design skills, and technical expertise to an Agile team collaborating on design, strategy, and engineering
- Be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, from requirements and design reviews with customers, through the implementation of a new product
- Impact our developing tech stack based on modern front-end frameworks and cost-efficient utilization of AWS back-end services
- Participate in the creation and construction of developer-based automation that leads to scalable, high-quality applications that our customers will depend on to run their business
- Coach, mentor, and inspire product engineers that are responsible for delivering high performing, secure enterprise applications
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly every step of the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
- Demonstrate a strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence: implement unit/integration/component tests and workflows
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 4+ years building web front-ends using technologies like React and Typescript
- Strong history of architecting and designing new products and technologies
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related discipline
- Demonstrated mastery of data structures, algorithms, and architectural patterns
- Experience writing code that manages high volume numerical data and generated values where precision was essential
- Expertise in one or more of the following languages: Golang, Python, Java
- Willingness to learn about new technologies, while simultaneously developing expertise in a business domain/problem space
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables, while maintaining a big-picture perspective
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and all audiences
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- Experience with investment or asset management applications OR customer relationship management (CRM)
- Experience building highly responsive Web interfaces using frameworks such as React and Redux
- Understanding of building back-end infrastructure using AWS offerings such as Aurora, Lambda, and S3
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Background in design, economics, or finance
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
[For New York and California Based Only]
The cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $160,000-$180,000 for individuals based in New York and California. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.