Senior Software Engineer, Reporting
Ridgeline is looking for data masters to help drive our next generation cloud platform for the FinTech Industry. If you have mad data skills that include experience working with large volume reporting and analytics, scalable big data and messaging frameworks, are comfortable developing API’s in a microservices architecture, come join our amazing Reporting team. You will be responsible for developing shared data management services, in Python, using microservices, SQL.
What will you do?
- Develop ETL pipelines using Python, Kafka, SQL on AWS for managing data repositories on Postgres, Aurora, Glue.
- Work closely with our application and report development teams, data architects and product managers to design, develop, support our shared services.
- Develop + consume API’s in our microservices architecture
- Mentor junior data engineers in Ridgeline technology.
- Work with AWS data pipeline infrastructure, such as S3 and Kinesis.
- Work with data lake technologies, such as Glue.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of data processing frameworks, ETL oriented data engineering, using code based tools, including strong OLAP-style SQL expertise, relational data modeling, and query optimization.
- 5+ years of Python, Bash, and Linux data scripting for supporting data pipelines, RESTful API and Service development, plus strong expertise with Pandas.
- Hands-on experience working with cloud oriented data platforms, ideally in AWS, including RDS, Redshift, Glue, Athena.
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of complex situations, which may involve a high degree of ambiguity, requiring creativity and originality, and where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
- Demonstrate a product mindset, with an ability to set direction and encourage forward thinking.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Systems Engineering or a similar technical field.
- Preferred – experience working with Financial Services technology.
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
[For New York and California Based Only]
The cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $140,000-$180,000 for individuals based in New York and California. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.