Senior Technical Product Manager, Platform Infrastructure
Do you think about cloud technology as a way to provide leverage and improve how a business operates? We are looking for candidates who share our passion for tackling cloud software challenges head-on, to help build an enterprise platform that will scale with our customers’ features and data needs.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, Platform Infrastructure at Ridgeline, you will be responsible as the technical, product-minded leader for infrastructure platform components that affect the entire development organization and are highly user impacting. You’ll collaborate with other Product Managers, development teams, QA and leadership to plan and create end-to-end solutions for a fast-growing software startup in the financial technology industry.
What will you do?
- Bring strong customer-centric thinking, technical understanding and execution excellence to major initiatives and core features, resulting in performant, reliable, efficient, high quality platform infrastructure, promoting long-term sustainability and stability over short term gains
- Deliver strategic product and technology roadmaps and coordinate the product development process through analysis, discovery, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases, ensuring on-time delivery while communicating and partnering with technology peers
- Evangelize the roadmap and technology vision and communicate the value to both internal and external stakeholders
- Curate use cases for full stack software engineers and ensure sufficient detail, success criteria, goals and performance objectives are accurate and clearly articulated
- Partner with QA to collaborate on test plans and ensure quality measures are met
- Contribute to a cross-functional, collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
- Assess resource allocation needs across multiple projects
- Stay informed on technology trends to inform product and technology decisions
- Foster a productive, engaging, supportive culture of excellence as Ridgeline grows
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, systems engineering, computer engineering, or other related engineering discipline
- 2+ years of product management experience directly owning a product roadmap, ideally on platform products
- 3+ years of software engineering or other related technical development experience
- Experience working with agile development methodologies
- Experience across all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Experience working closely with DevOps and CI/CD processes
- Experience with version control (git) and trunk-based development
- Experience building platforms on AWS cloud technology or similar technology platforms
- Knowledge of databases and customer data management
- Ability to partner effectively with colleagues from Product, Engineering, Design, QA, PMO, and DevOps
- Strong communication skills and ability to build constructive technology relationships
- Deep experience AWS technologies and enterprise software as a service
- Enterprise software experience working within SLAs and SOC2 compliance
- Testing process and methodology experience with automated CI/CD testing, platform testing, and test driven development
- Long-term interest in developing highly functional teams, organizational processes and tools
- Comfortable working with Slack, JIRA/Confluence, AWS, UI design tools, Google Apps and Github
- Experience with investment management technology use cases
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to address the unique technology challenges of an industry in need of new thinking. We are building a modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, Manhattan, and the Bay Area, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “Best Workplace for Innovators,” by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup,” and by The Software Report as a “Top 100 Software Company.”
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Compensation and Benefits
[For New York and California Based Only]
The cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $105,000-$165,000 for individuals based in New York and California. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
As an employee at Ridgeline, you’ll have many opportunities for advancement in your career and can make a true impact on the product.
In addition to the base salary, 100% of Ridgeline employees can participate in our Company Stock Plan subject to the applicable Stock Option Agreement. We also offer rich benefits that reflect the kind of organization we want to be: one in which our employees feel valued and are inspired to bring their best selves to work. These include unlimited vacation, educational and wellness reimbursements, and $0 cost employee insurance plans. Please check out our Careers page for a more comprehensive overview of our perks and benefits.
Something looks off?