Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, we built nationally recognized technology-driven products to help bring renting into the 21st century. Our solutions help property owners manage their deposits end-to-end, and renters can choose between security deposit insurance or a traditional cash deposit, in addition to renter’s insurance.
Rhino’s remote-first culture is driven by our five core values: own your role, raise the bar, be customer obsessed, just be kind, and commit to the Crash (a Crash is a group of Rhinos). These values help guide us to do our best work and attract talent that helps us achieve our key goals. Our ideal candidate is someone who has worked in a fast-paced, ever-evolving tech environment, and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and jump right in.
We’ve already saved over a billion dollars for renters and are trusted in over 2 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started.
As Rhino’s Controller, you’ll join an accomplished team, reporting directly to the CFO where your role will be critical to the overall success of the business with ample opportunities to leave your own mark on the organization and build the Accounting function for Rhino’s future.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with key stakeholders throughout the organization to create financial visibility and apply sound financial theory to assist in setting business priorities
- Lead a talented Accounting team, own the Tax function, have responsibility for various Treasury related items and play an active role alongside Rhino’s Finance team in budgeting, forecasting, planning and analysis
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes ensuring that Rhino’s reporting and financial statements comply with US GAAP
- Maintain and document Rhino’s accounting policies and procedures while continuously improving accounting methodology and processes to align with business changes
- Own Rhino’s external auditor relationship and Rhino’s annual audit process inclusive of collaboration with external tax preparers and technical accounting resources
- Ensure effective accounting and internal controls including accounting software and supporting databases
- Collaborate with other business stakeholders to operationalize processes impacting Accounting in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Support executive leadership and the Board in executing special projects
We’re ideally seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, business, finance or related field; CPA required
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a fast-paced environment in accounting or a related field with proven career progression
- Deep understanding of accounting principles, financial statements, financial markets, economic principles and banking
- Ability to balance autonomous work and direction, remain flexible but continuously deliver high quality work on tight timelines with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience with accounting software programs; NetSuite, a plus
- Skilled in use of Microsoft and Google applications
Base Salary Range: $162,000 - $200,000
Rhino has partnered with a number of compensation benchmarking tools to determine competitive and fair market pay bands for our size and stage. Our goal is to ensure each employee is paid equitably and competitively while also maintaining a consistent and standardized methodology.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors including qualifications for the role, experience level and balancing internal equity relative to other Rhinos.
Base salary is just one part of our Total Rewards Package here at Rhino. In connection with this position, we also offer:
- Remote position
- Competitive cash compensation package including base salary, performance bonus, and other financial perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (90% employer contribution) - eligible from your start date
- Flexible PTO Policy, quarterly team recharge days focused on mental and physical wellness
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Bi-annual performance reviews and ongoing professional coaching and development opportunities with external partners
- Remote-first work culture with opportunities to collaborate as a team in person
- Opportunities to participate in ongoing diversity, inclusion and equity programming or join an ERG
- 401(k), HSA, Life & Disability Insurance Coverage ($0 employee contribution for additional insurances)
- Monthly lifestyle stipend to fit your needs (meals, wellness, co-working)
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.