Republic is a financial technology firm that allows everyone to invest in private markets. Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $700 million in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises a community of over 2.5M users across 100 countries. Republic is backed by dozens of leading investment firms and financial institutions and its affiliated entities have co-invested with the best names in venture and private equity. Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide.
We’re looking for an Investment Associate to join Republic’s rapidly growing Investment Team. You’ll support our team on pipeline management, due diligence, partnerships, growth, and Investment Committee preparation. You’ll gain unique exposure to the US startup and VC investment ecosystem while learning business skills invaluable to any high-growth company.
Our team needs a scrappy, motivated and fast learner who is aligned with Republic’s mission to democratize startup investing. Prior experience in business development, sales, or investment at a startup, fund or in the tech ecosystem broadly is highly preferred but not necessarily required.
What you'll do
- Review company pitch decks and perform preliminary research ahead of sales calls
- Participate in, take notes on, and ultimately lead thorough diligence on industries ranging from Crypto, CPG, Blockchain, Fintech, Real Estate, Video Games, SaaS (and more) through the form of market research, financial due diligence, and application of US securities law
- Prepare internal and external pitch decks to present to C-Suite level executives and necessary stakeholders
- Execute follow-up document request, perform verification procedures, and analyze financial statements after due diligence calls
- Ultimately generate detailed investment memos to present to Investment Committee
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders (Sales, Operations, Legal, partnerships etc)
- Underwriting experience to analyze potential areas of growth
- Maintain and optimize internal databases (such as Salesforce or AirTable) on reviewed investment opportunities. Prepare quarterly and annual reports for Republic management on deal activity and marketplace volume.
- Ability to work in a high-growth fast-paced startup that will give you the opportunity to lead and own your own projects
Our ideal candidate
- Passion for tech and VC – You have a demonstrated interest in the world of startups.
- Strong communicator – You can communicate well both internally (with your Investment Team colleagues and other team leads) and externally (with clients and partners).
- Organizational superpowers – You can manage multiple workflows, maintain a tight control of your inbox, and know how to shepherd stakeholders through every stage of a deal.
- Get it done attitude – You are scrappy, resourceful, and relentless, doing what needs to be done to drive success for your team and for the business.
- Self-starter with superior work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
- Highly analytical with an interest in sifting through, and identifying trends within, large volumes of data
- Experience working with Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in financial models and underwriting
- Experience working with Salesforce or Airtable a plus
- Crypto or Blockchain experience, a plus
- SIE + Series 79 / 7, a plus
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital, and/or Consulting.
The business is accelerating at a rapid pace. Republic is a venture-backed company with real traction across crowdfunding, private investing options and crypto. We recently closed a $150M Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners. We value our employees and strive to offer competitive benefits to support their whole selves. Here’s a sampling: Unlimited PTO, fully subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance, 4% 401k match, fitness stipend and weekly virtual meditation.
Currently, the estimated base salary range for this position is $70,000 - $100,000. When finalizing an offer, we take into consideration an individual’s experience level, location, and qualifications they bring to the role to formulate a competitive total compensation package.
Something looks off?