Vice President of Engineering, Republic Crypto
Republic is a global financial technology company that allows anyone to invest in anything, anywhere. Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Republic is backed by dozens of leading investment firms and financial institutions and its affiliated entities have co-invested with the best names in venture and private equity. Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide.
Republic Crypto is accelerating the growth of Web3 by supporting its most ambitious builders and investors. We are looking for a hands on VP of Engineering to help build and oversee the technical direction of Republic’s Crypto Engineering team
The VP of Engineering will demonstrate advanced Blockchain technology programming experience while scaling a fast-growing, globally-distributed team. This individual also enjoys and thrives in a high-paced environment with a large variety of projects and initiatives at any given time.
What you'll do
- Provide hands-on technical leadership for blockchain engineering excellence
- Define strategy for team growth and project deliverables
- Continue to build, mentor and grow an engineering team that is responsible for first in class software and blockchain projects
- Set and maintain efficient and secure development processes
- Develop a hiring plan that allows the team to achieve growth targets
- Help design of blockchain and token solutions and make recommendations on security, cost, performance and reliability
- Providing high level collaboration and technical guidance for both internal and client team members
- Organizing new and at times unexpected projects in a way that manages expectations of team member and clients
- Contributing to various Republic Crypto internal engineering initiatives
- Engaging partners, prospective clients and current clients of Republic crypto
- Preparing presentations and decision support documents for executive staff
Our ideal candidate
- 5+ years experience as a senior software engineer
- 3+ years experience as a people manager
- Experience developing, managing and growing a geographically dispersed engineering team
- Hands on technical and product experience in Crypto, Blockchain and or Web3 ecosystem
- Knowledge of popular blockchain protocols (L1 and L2), their consensus mechanisms and asset standards (Ethereum, Algorand, Avalanche, Polygon, Bitcoin, Solana, Polkadot, etc.)
- Technical working knowledge of blockchain assets, smart contracts, blockchain interoperability, blockchain consensus mechanisms, blockchain data securitization, etc.
- Experience writing/debugging and deploying Smart Contracts
- Familiarity with Solidity EVM or Rust smart contract programs, Node.JS and React
- Experience deploying smart contracts to the Ethereum, Solana and other blockchains mainnets
- Experience developing, facilitating, and delivering executive-level presentations
- Experience presenting and representing a company to partners and at conferences
The business is accelerating at a rapid pace. Republic is a venture-backed company with real traction across crowdfunding, private investing options and crypto. We recently closed a $150M Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners.
Attracting and retaining the very best people is our #1 priority. That’s why we offer our team best-in-class benefits, including fully-subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance, a 4% 401(k) match, free access to Talkspace, OneMedical, weekly virtual meditation sessions, a monthly fitness stipend up to $100, weekly catered lunch, a learning and development stipend, and more. Seriously–we don’t mess around when it comes to taking care of our own.
Currently, the estimated base salary range for this position is $185,000 - $225,000 + Equity + Crypto Revenue Share. When finalizing an offer, we take into consideration an individual’s experience level, location and qualifications they bring to the role to formulate a competitive total compensation package.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Something looks off?