Vice President, People
Republic is a global financial technology company that allows anyone to invest in anything, anywhere. Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investmentplatform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Republic is backed by dozens of leading investment firms and financial institutions and its affiliated entities have co-invested with the best names in venture and private equity. Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide.
Republic has an opening for a dynamic and experienced VP, People. This position will be responsible for all aspects of building a best in class Human Resources strategy and department. The selected leader will demonstrate advanced capability in designing a strategy, developing leaders, building, and managing relationships with senior stakeholders. This role requires high passion and prior success in maturing a high growth organization to scale.
What you'll do
- Own company-wide people strategy
- Provide leadership to and help shape all areas of the People function including: talent acquisition, total rewards, people operations, talent management, learning and development, diversity & inclusion, and internal communications
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the senior leadership team to assist in decision-making and communication strategy throughout the organization
- Develop and retain a high performing team
- Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management
- Partner with Finance to forecast headcount and employee mobility, in support of our business strategy and operational objectives
- Collaborate with business leaders to build a cohesive culture with equitable policies across organizational boundaries. Drive best and next practice discussions to ensure Republic has the best talent acquisition methodologies yielding efficient results in a high touch environment
- Build and develop strong relationships within the organization to understand what talent will be successful at Republic, and identify talent gaps and future talent needs.
- Continue to strengthen Republic’s employment brand by engaging actively in social media, talent communities, and industry outreach
- Own the implementation of new processes and programs, inclusive of change management to drive adoption
- Build a data-driven HR organization with evolving HR metrics and analytics that provide insights
- Ensure local country compliance as the organization scales.
Our ideal candidate
- Experienced VP of People or Chief People Officer at a high-growth tech company, preferably in FinTech or other highly regulated industries
- Substantial experience with international expansions or international organizations
- Possesses unquestionable personal integrity, fairness, and inclusivity
- Ability to gain trust of business leaders across the organization
- Performance-driven leader with outstanding communication skills
- Experience building a positive culture across distributed and multicultural teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and independent judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet or exceed deadlines in an ambiguous, constantly evolving environment
- Keen attention to detail, efficient and highly organized; articulate both written and verbally
- HR certifications such as SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred
The business is accelerating at a rapid pace. Republic is a venture-backed company with real traction across crowdfunding, private investing options and crypto. We recently closed a $150M Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners.
Attracting and retaining the very best people is our #1 priority. That’s why we offer our team best-in-class benefits, including fully-subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance, a 4% 401(k) match, free access to Talkspace, OneMedical, weekly virtual meditation sessions, a monthly fitness stipend up to $100, weekly catered lunch, a learning and development stipend, and more. Seriously–we don’t mess around when it comes to taking care of our own.
Candidates based in the New York City area can expect a base salary range of $200,000-$250,000.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Something looks off?