Chief Technology Officer
Republic is a global financial technology company that allows anyone to invest in anything, anywhere. Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Republic is backed by dozens of leading investment firms and financial institutions and its affiliated entities have co-invested with the best names in venture and private equity Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide, including Seedrs headquarters in London and Dublin.
We are looking for our first Chief Technology Officer (CTO) that will be a catalyst to our current team as we continue our growth trajectory. Reporting to the CEO, this position is an integral part of the leadership team. You will be responsible for leading the technology strategy and operations. This role will be responsible for all the product development and innovation activities within the organization and across all business units.
The CTO leader must have the demonstrated ability to build, lead, mentor, and motivate a successful high performing team of interdisciplinary engineers in a fast-paced production environment. Excellent communication skills to further grow continuity of the global engineering team. Deep understanding of developing and leading an agile optimized R&D team and scaling resources, processes, and governance for high quality product outcomes.
What you'll do
- Creating vision, strategy, timelines for the development and deployment of all technological products and services
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements
- Clearly articulate the organization's technical vision and roadmap to key stakeholders, partners, and the broader executive leadership team. Present goals, win, and progress updates regularly.
- Model and reinforce ethical behavior in self and others, adhere to organizational policies and guidelines, support compliance initiatives, maintain confidence, conduct business with honesty, and show consistency in words and actions.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a high performing team to meet the current and evolving needs of the business through effective selection, training, and development, coaching and mentoring and performance management
- Stay current & relevant with new approaches, emerging technologies, industry best practices, standards, relevant architectural principles, and patterns and synthesize those that apply to the company to provide business value and differentiation
- Ensure that technical infrastructure is maintained such that it is secure, scales and performs
- Strong focus on building repeatable and sustainable systems and process
- Build and reinforce business partnerships both internally and externally by driving excellence in planning, delivery, and communication of IT solutions for business opportunities
- Provide strategic consultative services to business partners in recommending technical solutions to align to their business needs and fully utilize technologies as a competitive tool
- Provides technically innovative solutions that are usable (usability), stable and scalable
- Partners with the business to drive solutions
Our ideal candidate
- Effectively communicates across the organization, clearly articulating a business vision, key objectives, timelines and personal contributions
- Acts decisively. Makes decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets commitments with a sense of urgency
- Works collaboratively. Flexible and easy to work with
- Thinks strategically. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and seeks to understand the why
- 15+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years in an executive or similar level capacity
- Proven track record in building and leading high performance global engineering and product teams of 70+ across a portfolio of products or product lines
- Previous experience in a heavily regulated, global environment
- Lead development and execution of a progressive, realistic IT strategy in support of company strategic growth plans
- Deep knowledge and experience in leading cloud-based and mobile application development in high-growth companies, site reliability, cybersecurity and information security, big data engineering and architecture
- Previous experience with acquisitions and system integration
- Exceptional cross-functional collaborator with an ability to bring people along with your vision
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- Able to prepare/achieve a realistic annual operational and investment plan that supports business growth
- Financial acumen
- Engage other thought leaders and IT strategic thinkers
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills and the ability to proactively identify and resolve issues and opportunities
- Strong conflict management and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs, and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize requests and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks
Attracting and retaining the very best people is our #1 priority. That’s why we offer our team best-in-class benefits, including fully-subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance, a 4% 401(k) match, free access to Talkspace, OneMedical, weekly virtual meditation sessions, a monthly fitness stipend up to $100, weekly catered lunch, a learning and development stipend, and more. Seriously–we don’t mess around when it comes to taking care of our own.
Currently, the estimated base salary range for this position is $300,000 - $350,000. When finalizing an offer, we take into consideration an individual’s experience level, location and qualifications they bring to the role to formulate a competitive total compensation package.
Something looks off?